Thursday, October 29, 2009

Comments on the group activity: Searching for Wifi HotSpots in Tallinn

I think it is not such an extreme task to do and if proper tools in hand could prove to be rather interesting activity. Instead it proved to be abit complicated task for rather big group, without the certain plan of action or destinations, poor means of transportation, lack in time and no proper tools for the action. So it goes why I decided to go for searching in internet instead.

There are rather many small coffee shops, restaurants, hotels, etc. with free Wifi access in Tallinn (especially in Old Town). Also when to walk into City Hall or other public agencies and offices, it is possible to find Wifi signal, that is usually set up for visitors. Suprisingly there is Wifi available in some long-distance buses, e.g. I had this freedom during my bus-trip to Türi.

Just to get overview of the current situation I Googled on wifi in Tallinn, and found one nice page which gives pretty detailed idea of the places, locations, information on prices, comments and is illustrated with some of the photos as well. There are various lists with different locations in Tallinn and all over Estonia all put on one map. The map gives option to select area and then it is easy to find access to all the places around.

No comments:

Post a Comment